Hands down, this is the "strongest chamber (soft shell) of its kind in the world and it's here in Lehi, UT!" The AHA Flex 20 V2 has a working pressure of 2.0 Bar, 2.0 ATA, or 15 psi! Other chambers at local clinics can only reach approximately 1.3 ATA or 4.7 psi. This working pressure is a huge difference in delivering increased Oxygen to your tissues during a "dive"!
Whether you are dealing with a sports injury (ligament, tendon, bone), herniated disc (cervical, thoracic, or lumbar, etc), pre/post-surgical, auto-immune disorder, Lyme's, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or Non-Traumatic Brain Injury (Stroke etc), Autism etc. HBOT has benefits for you.
Do your research and get more than just expensive "air therapy" or "Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy"!
Know that it matters what type of Hyperbaric Chamber you are going into!
See the below link for specs on what we offer at Summit!
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) in recent years, has increased in popularity for healing. Why though has it increased in popularity? It's complex and simple at the same time - it works to help the body work better at healing itself. It has a host of benefits you can read about below.
How Does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy work?
Did you know that in normal day-to-day life in room air, we only breathe approximately 21% oxygen? HBOT is a treatment where an individual will breathe 100% oxygen inside a pressurized chamber. It's the pressure that matters here and each chamber and manufacturer is different. At Summit we are the only clinic in Lehi, UT, and the surrounding area to have a 2.0 ATA/15 PSI chamber. You'll wear a specialized non-rebreather mask to aid in this increased oxygen uptake to your system.
This increased pressure is what allows the oxygen to dissolve more readily into the bloodstream thus speeding up healing and tissue recovery. Time under pressure matters also matters based on your condition, meaning a 60 min or a 90 min dive. Do you dive once a week or more than once a week? We have Protocols in place via ANDI International and would gladly talk to you about those and your individual situation.
Per the research (we'll post this soon as we figure out formatting here on the website with linked research articles) pressures above 1.5 ATA are necessary for most of these benefits listed below.
Our chambers allow us to dive at 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 ATA. We also have dual oxygen valves and can dive more than one person (family member) at a time inside a chamber if necessary for a parent to help a child needing HBOT services.
Benefits of HBOT:
- Signal inducer of DNA for over 6000 genes (turning on good genes and turning off bad genes)
- Stem Cell stimulation and mobilizes them to work at areas needed for repair
- Stimulates the development of new blood vessels (angiogenesis) where circulation has been compromised in soft tissue and bone
- Greatly reduces swelling and inflammation - reducing pain!
- Stimulates the body's immune system to fight infection
- Promotes collagen, bone and cartilage repair and regeneration
- Makes certain antibiotics work better
- Stimulates the mitochondria (aka Powerhouse - (brain) of the cell to enhance energy production (ATP)
- Increase the production of superoxide dismutase which is one of the body's antioxidants and free radical scavengers
- Improves quality of life due to the above processes working more efficiently.
Approved for Insurance Coverage in 14 case types per the FDA
- Coming soon
Not approved for Insurance coverage but research has shown the following benefit from HBOT because of the prior listed factors.
- Coming soon
Guidelines for Hyperbaric Therapy Treatment:
We are committed to your safety and the ability to provide high-quality access to HBOT therapy! It is for these reasons we are different than our competitors and you'll see and feel the difference.
- 100% cotton clothing to use in the chamber (scrubs). We'll provide it for you.
- No Colds! No runny noses! No stuffy noses or ears!
- NO CELL PHONES or COMPUTERs! In short....NO Electronic devices.
- Non-pressurized watches are not allowed. Only Dive certified pressurized watches are allowed.
- Use the restroom before you get in.
- If you’re a diabetic - eat a little prior. Make sure blood sugar is at appropriate levels.
- Do not drink carbonated beverages 1 hour prior to using the chamber. (Upset tummy here we come! No Bueno!).
- Continue regularly scheduled medications unless indicated otherwise by your physician.
- Some cancer medications are not allowed at all.
- NO smoking at all (VAPING INCLUDED) prior to and after the appointment. Losing most/all benefits of HBOT if you do this.
- Please avoid wearing makeup, hairspray prior to an appointment or body perfumes, etc!
See our linked PDF about your HBOT experience here @Summit in Lehi, UT!